1745809 Members
3832 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

No host visible in Array View for Performance Advisor

Jack_nnm2007

No host visible in Array View for Performance Advisor

Hi everyboy,

I've got a Management station with Command View XP 2.2B and Performance Advisor 2.2 installed on a Win Server 2003 SP1.
Furthermore, I've got a XP1024 linked with a W2k laptop with SVP. Host agent is installed locally (from hostagent_windows32.tar): hostagent.exe, opendial.exe are running, and services too.
The Management station has two LAN cards, and a Fiber channel card connected to the XP.
For CommandView, all things are working, XP is visible, and configurable the problem is for PA:
My xp1024 is not visible in the Array view but in the Host Information section from the Configuration tab, I have data :name, OS, date of my SVP laptop.
Another information:
When I do a Host Status from Install host agent windows on the node selected (my SVP laptop), I've got these results:
BCCA_service, Performance_Advisor_XP, DIAL are loaded and the status is OK, but XPDeviceMap and PINGLUN_Hostagent are loaded with a status unavailable.
Besides, I've a SAN Domain error because the Management and SVP station are in Workgroup.

I do not know where is the issue ? It comes from the agent, the services, it's a SAN domain problem.

I saw this topic too: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=974432

Thank you for your answers.
2 REPLIES 2
Jack_nnm2007

Re: No host visible in Array View for Performance Advisor

I solved this problem by installing a host agent on the PA management server.
That's strange...
Jack_nnm2007

Re: No host visible in Array View for Performance Advisor

XP visible on Array view by installing host agent on PA Management station.