1753965 Members
7626 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Non disk error

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Non disk error

I have prolinat 800 server 3 nos with one(1) 18 gb H/D. I have tried to install smart array 431 controller with additional one(1) 18 gb H/D without loosing existing data to RAID1. After the array configuration is over, when I try to boot server "Non disk error ..." message is coming.

I have followed the instructions to install array controller as per user guide. Please help.

Server spec.

Compaq prolinat 800
500 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 18 GB H/D, Windows NT, Rompaq upgraded by smart start CD 4.80 provided with 431 array controller.
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Non disk error

Is this a new install ? I 'm a little confused from your hardware description . Do you have one 18 gb HD attached to the Integrated SCSI controller and one 18gb HD attached to the Smart 431 ?
You then mention having a mirrored drive (Raid 1) , on what controller ?
If you had the first drive installed on the Integrated SCSI controller and you had data on the drive and then removed it and attached to the Smart 431 along with the second drive , and reconfigured it on the Smart controller , you may have corrupted your data .
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Non disk error

Thank you Roger.

Let me explain my hardware configuration.

One 18 GB H/D was connected with integrated SCSI controller and it was working fine. I installed Smart Array 431, then I have connected existing H/D and one new 18 GB H/D with smart array controller using single SCSI cable to make RAID1. After Array configuration is complete, When I try to boot the server I am getting "Non disk Error..." message. I thing is this clear for you Mr. Roger? Thank you for your quick response.