1752738 Members
5618 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ORCA shows internal and external disks on both controllers

Roger in Albany
Occasional Contributor

ORCA shows internal and external disks on both controllers

On a BL460c with SB40 attached I have 1 146GB disk on the internal controller and 3 146GB disks on the SB40 (p400) controller.

When I go into ORCA for the internal controller, I see the one internal disk and the 3 SB40 disks. The 3 SB40 disks show failed.

When I go into ORCA for the p400 (SB40) controller, I see the 3 SB40 disks and the 1 internal disk. The internal disk shows failed.

I have another BL460c with the same physical connection that shows the disks correctly. Could this be an incorrect BIOS setting?

4 REPLIES 4
TTr
Honored Contributor

Check the firmware on this blade and SA cards and compare themto the other blade that works OK.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

The situation of the SB40c is correct respect to the BL460c? They should be on bays 1 and 2, 3 and 4, etc.

The P400 controller on the SB40c is connected directly to the BL460c motherboard and should not see the internal disks, and viceversa.
Roger in Albany
Occasional Contributor

Both systems show the same BIOS:

HP BIOS I15 08/04/2008

One BL460c is installed in Bay 9 with accompanying SB40c installed in Bay 10. The other BL460c is installed in Bay 11 with accompanying SB40c installed in Bay 12.

Roger in Albany
Occasional Contributor

I went into ORCA and deleted the logical disks on the internal controller that were associated with the p400 controller and deleted the logical disks on the p400 controller that were associtaed with the internal controller. Now, everything looks okay.

I think the original installer was trying to RAID across the controllers or something.