Disk Enclosures
1748265 Members
3809 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P2000 G3 FC expanding vdisk / volume

J_Scott

P2000 G3 FC expanding vdisk / volume

I have a P2000 G3 FC with multiple vdisks on it. One in particular is a RAID 5 array containing 6 physical disks. All of the disks used to be 300 GB drives (1.5 TB total useable space), but I have since replaced each drive (letting the array rebuild each time) with a 600 GB HDD.

The "Disk Sets, Total Space" shows the proper size of 3.6 TB (3.0 TB avail, with 600 GB overhead), yet everything else still shows a capacity of 1.5 TB (which is correct from BEFORE the HDD replacements). When I go to "Expand Volume," everything is greyed out (I can get to the page where you should be able to specify how much to expand by, but everything on that page isn't selectable). I've read online that you can't use the SMU to expand if the volume is a master - but I don't think it is. The SMU shows that the volume type is "standard."

I've looked around here and searched on Google, but couldn't find an answer on how to expand the volume so I'm using all of the HDD space I paid for...

2 REPLIES 2
LvG

I've exactly the same problem. Who knows the solution for this?

Vdisk gives the right amount of space, volume can't be expanded.

Thanks

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello, do not have exact experience with this, but creating new volume on vdisk is not a solution?

Jan