Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2000 HOST_CHAN_PORT_DOWN Error Message

P2000 HOST_CHAN_PORT_DOWN Error Message

I have 3 P2000 SAN's, fiber channel, connected to 2 HP SANSwitch 8/8 (brocade 300) switches, that connect to 6 GL370 (ESXi) hosts with QLogic Fiber Channel adapters.  Every few days one or two of the SAN's log the following error message:

Subject: P2000 G3 FC Warning: HOST_CHAN_LINK_DOWN

Event:

Host link down. (port: 2)

EVENT ID:#A1071

EVENT CODE:112

EVENT SEVERITY:Warning

EVENT TIME:2011-07-31 10:47:14

System Name:MSA P2000A

System Location:CEC - RIE12

System Contact:

IP Address:

I check the log files and they the port went down, then immediately came back up.  I sent the log files to HP's support desk and they said the SAN looks fine so it must be out side of it.  I assume one of the Brocade switches or one of the six hosts.  Is that assumption correct and does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?  Thank you.

1 REPLY
hvhari
HPE Pro

Re: P2000 HOST_CHAN_PORT_DOWN Error Message

This events are normal, during a reset of port / reboot of server / san switch. If you are aware of any of these happening , there should be no cause of worry.

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!