3507 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P800 and 4xMSA60 shelves controller hang with lockup code 0xAB

SantokhB
Frequent Advisor

P800 and 4xMSA60 shelves controller hang with lockup code 0xAB

Hello,

I have a customer with DL380G5 with P400 controlling internal disk and a P800 controlling 4 MSA60's...2 per channel daisy chained. The P400 runs fine but the heartbeat LED on the P800 goes amber and all access to the MSA60's are lost. When I reboot the server it says it had a controller error with a lockup code of 0xAB. We have replaced the controller/cache, all cables from P800 to MSA60 shelves plus the daisy chain cables. The PCI backplane and system board in the server. It will run from anywhere from a few hours to a day. The firmware on the P800 is 7.22. The customer has a mirror system with same config same version of OS which is running fine. Nothing has been changed on the OS side. The ADU report shows nothing. No amber lights on any MSA60 shelves only the P800

Any ideas on what this lockup code indicates would be very helpful. Unless I have a bad spare  P800/cache module that I replaced

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey,

Maybe there's something bad in one of the MSA60? I/O module?

Can you disconnect all and see if it still gets the error?

Or, disconnect all but one?

Is a lengthy process though..

SantokhB
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

Level 2 support seem to think this is a bad cache that is giving this lockup code. So I have replaced the P800/cache again this am and also replaced the I/O module in the first of 4 MSA60's. Every thing will work fine for up to 16 hour or so. We cannot get it to fail with Insight diags and we cannot run with any MSA60 disconnected as the customers application will not run.