6968 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Populated (data disk) with the warning symbol on EVA4400

markum fuadi
Frequent Advisor

Populated (data disk) with the warning symbol on EVA4400

Dear guys,

recently i'm facing problem with EVA4400, currently this is my first experience with EVA4400 unit.. soo.. this is my litle description 'bout the problem..

we are moving all the hardware form 1st floor to another floor on customer site.. which is.. EVA 4400 included..

everythings is running smoothly.. until we notice that one of FATA hardisk bay ID 8 on EVA4400 are in RED State Grade. Ok, it's positive hardisk failed.

ok, we replace the failed hardisk with the new one.

..and this is the problem are..

after we plugin the new hardisk.. we got this condition :

- Operational State: Populated (data disk) with the warning symbol (details picture on attachment)
- on Disk group Folder properties on Operational State show warning symbol

please help guys,

1. where the issue goes around? or do i miss something step or what?
2. can u guys, show the correct procedure for this situation?? regarding replacing failed hardisk with the new one on EVA4400

any advanced help would be great!!! please guys.. tk's
www.markumfuadi.co.cc
2 REPLIES 2
kunalsahoo
Valued Contributor

Hi markum fuadi,

the same symbol is on other 2 drives(1 &5) as well in the screenshot...

this warning comes for various reasons and that includes 1 loop lost etc..can you upload 1 sssu config as that will tell us the story of these disks.....

2ndly..in an EVA if you want 2 replace a drive.first you have 2 ungroup it ,if it has not been ungrouped automatically, then replace with new one and regroup it...
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

As stated above, you have several disks with warning. You should look in the "Disk Drive" tab to see if they have the state "One loop connection lost".

In the EVA4400 this is a very common situation due to the buggy firmware on the I/O modules. If the EVA does not have the latest firmware (09522000 on the controllers and 073 on the I/O modules), ask HP to update it, they are doing it on all customers.

Do NOT replace disks. The problem are NOT the disks.