Disk Enclosures
1753840 Members
9579 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem in accessing on LUN of Disk array

Sachin Verma

Problem in accessing on LUN of Disk array

Two HP 9000 K 460 server with individual HP Model 30 Disk array controller . There are 3 LUN's in each array of identical size.
i have a volume group vg03 which has got 2 LUN's in it, (/dev/dsk/c5t5d2 and /dev/dsk/c7t1d2).
NOw the problem is that one LUN /dev/dsk/c5t2d2 is not being accessed by vg03 ,only /dev/dsk/c7t1d2 is there in vg03. If i access this unavailable using diskinfo or ioscan it shows but in Sam it is not coming . if i see that using Grid Manager that particular LUN show the status as RDY ( BOUND BUT UNASSIGNED).

can anybody tell how to solve this problem without loosing the data.

pl. mail me at sachin_verma@yahoo.com
5 REPLIES 5
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem in accessing on LUN of Disk array

This problem usually arises when disk mechanisms are moved around and they are put out of order after being previously bound. Did you move around disk mechanisms?

Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Sachin Verma

yes i did removed all the disks , during that time array was power off and had put them back in the respective slot .

now how to solve this problem??
Vijeesh CTK
Trusted Contributor

hi

go thru this link

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x9dcca2db8513d6118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html

we faced the same problem once on all luns. then we reconfigured

CTK
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

To recover from such problems, it is recommended that a CE does this. Also, most probably... the data on the disk reporting such an error has to be destroyed...

Usually, what he does is that he disables all the cache (so that you don't lose further data) and unbinds the LUN in question so that you can rebuild it from data. It's more complicated than that, however.

Phone your support engineer for this.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Sachin Verma

dear vincent,
thanks for ur early response.
u can tell the steps that should be taken as i am also a certified
engineer ( on Solaris) and have been working with Hp-ux for quite some time.
If u think that will solve my problem..
i can reply u if some more information is required.

rgds
sachin