1751972 Members
4648 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with MSA 1500cs

Shyna
Frequent Advisor

Problem with MSA 1500cs

MSA 1500 is giving an alarm of degraded power supply.When checked the back of the MSA,none of the two power supply are showing amber light, i.e they are showing green light which indicates they are okay. Current version of PSP was run on and it's still showing this on the System maintenance Homepage. Attached is the infromation that is got from the System maintenance homepage.
I hope to get a reply as soon as possible on what to do to correct this issue.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with MSA 1500cs

Hi, the SMH screenshot is about the MSA30 connected to the MSA1500. Check the power supplies on that.

Serial Number: M04KLMPX54
Product Number: 302969-B21
Description: HP MSA30 S-B Enclosure ALL
Shyna
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your response.I have checked the MSA 30 connected to the MSA 1500cs but the indicator on the two power supplied are ON indicating they are in good condition. Could it be that one of the two power modules is about to fail? How do i know which one that needs to be replaced between the two?
Attached is the information i get from system management homepage.

Waiting for responses on this issue.

Thanks.

Shyna
Frequent Advisor

I have replaced the 2 power modules on the MSA 30, cleared the IML logs and relog in into the System Management Homepage but the power status is still showing degraded. Any idea of what to do next?

Thanks.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

If after replacing both power supplies it's still showing degraded, maybe it's time to reseat / replace the EMU (it's the module at the left side of the enclosure)