1752415 Members
6049 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 5500 with a 2DH Smart Array Controller

Andy Welcomer_2
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 5500 with a 2DH Smart Array Controller

I'm trying to rebuild an old 5500 server that has a 2D controller in it. During Windows 2000 setup, I push f6 to install the raid driver for the 2DH controller. When setup scans the disk, it can't find the file it wants. This disk was created by extracting the newest driver avalable from Hp's site. I'm at a complete loss as to what is wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 5500 with a 2DH Smart Array Controller

Are you sure about what you have?
Have you flashed the BIOS on the SMART-2?
Tried the Compaq SMART Array Controllers, Non-miniport Drivers for Windows 2000 ├В┬╗ 5.01 A, 19 Dec 00? or ├В┬╗ 5.20.0.32B, 12 Feb 03?
I assume you have the HP ProLiant Drive Array Driver for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003 ├В┬╗ 5.20.0.32C, 23
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Henry Goverde
Frequent Advisor

Having the same problem with a 3000 and a 2DH. Currently have a case open with HP. I tried upgrading the firmwares to no avail. The driver included with W2K (or XP) does not seem to see any drives. There is no oemsetup.txt with the newest drivers. After creating one and loading using F6 it still doesn't see any drives and gives me a stop 7B error. I'm thinking that the firmware revision of the 2DH controller needs to be at a level prior to the current one for Win2K to install. Either that or the old 9.1 GB SCSI drives require a firmware update. If I get an answer this week with the help of HP support I'll pass it on.

Good luck,

HG
Andy Welcomer_2
Occasional Contributor

I used the Nt4 drivers which worked fine to install, and then upgraded after the OS was finished installing
Henry Goverde
Frequent Advisor

Just an update.
I turns out that on a Proliant 3000 Win2K doesn't like a doesn't like a CPQ dual port NIC in slot 5. (NT or NetWare worked). Moved the card to slot 1 and I was able to load W2K.