1748268 Members
3476 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL585 Raid 0+1 rebuild

davep75
Occasional Advisor

Proliant DL585 Raid 0+1 rebuild

On a Proliant DL585 G5 I had two physical drives mirrored as a raid 0+1 array. I had to replace one of the drives. I am pretty sure the new drive is good as it shows up in ACU, but I cannot figure out how to tell ACU to rebuild to it. I have tried both the simple utility that comes up at boot time via F8 and the one on the Smartstart CD.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant DL585 Raid 0+1 rebuild

The DL585 G5 uses a Smart Array P400, you should not need to do anything besides replacing the failed disk.
Have you inserted the disk on the same bay as the failed one?
davep75
Occasional Advisor

Yes. The new disk is in the same bay as the failed disk. I've tried both F1 and F2 when prompted during boot by Smart Array.

If I press F8 and go into the Smart Array utility, the logical drive shows INTERIM RECOVERY but viewing details says the new drive is MISSING.

There is an amber led lit up on the new drive and green on the good mirror.

I found some documents on the HP web site that refer to a Rebuild Task in SmartStart ACU but they don't appear in the version I am using (8.00 64-bit). Is this something that must be purchased ?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

No, as I told you before, on a SmartArray there's no need to use ACU or anything to start the rebuild process.
Your problem is that the logical unit is still on "interim recovery mode", which means that it's waiting for the failed drive to be replaced.
You say that the new disk has the fault LED on, so it's not valid to rebuild. Maybe it's faulty or the real problem is on the disk backplane.
davep75
Occasional Advisor

Yes, it turns out the replacement drive is bad. HP is not what they used to be.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

did you replace backplane and now it worked?
or you just saying HP will send a new backplane?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
davep75
Occasional Advisor

The backplane was not the culprit