4600 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RACK STORAGE 12

Joey_6
Occasional Contributor

RACK STORAGE 12

Hi,

I need help on my rack storage 12 device. I got 8 hard drive but from the netraid configuration I can only see the 6 drives on channel 1 with scsi ID's (0,1,2,3,8 and 9).The other two hard disk are located on the 7th and 8th position of the drive cage.)Please help.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor

It seems that your RS/12 has two SCSI cards (which is needed for cluster or split bus mode) and that switch 1 which determines mode is on split bus position.
If this is the true you have two possible solutions. If your RAID adapter has at least two channels you can connect second channel on RAID adapter to second SCSI card in RS/12 and you will see disks in positions 7-12 on second channel. This is preferred solution because you will have benefit of using two SCSI channels.
If you do not have second channel, solution is to remove second SCSI card from RS/12 and you will see disk positions 1-12 on one channel.
Joey_6
Occasional Contributor

Hi Enes,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it, the setup that i need is for clustering. The first dip switch is on the right position. Any suggestion on how can i see the other hard drives?
Enes Dizdarevic
Honored Contributor

If you have everything set for clustering (two cards in RS/12 and dip switch in cluster position) and still do not see all drives you may suspect hardware failure. Try exchanging SCSI cards in RS/12 in order to see if one of them is not functioning or move disks in another free slots. Make sure you have only one server connected during this actions. You may also connect the server you are using to second SCSI in RS/12 to see if interconnect between SCSI cards (RS/12 backplane) is OK. If nothing helps call your support.
Joey_6
Occasional Contributor

HI Enes,

We were able to trace the problem. It was a bad scsi cable on the right portion inside of the RS 12 device.

Thanks again and Regards.