Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAID 0 on FC60

Ray Estevez
Occasional Contributor

RAID 0 on FC60

I need to know if I can setup RAID 0 on my new FC60 w/ 12x 18 GB drives. HP engineers installed and set this up without asking us what we really wanted. The SAM utility does not allow me to select RAID 0. When I try this from command line, I get the following error message:
amcfg -L A:1 -d 1:1,2:1 -r 0 -s 16 fc60

Out put from amcfg:
amcfg: Arg out of range

So, is there a way that we can just use RAID0 for binding LUN?
Also, I read somewhere that I may need the latest firmware hp08 to support RAID 0. It appears we currently have firmware version HP04. Is this true?
3 REPLIES
Chad_7
Occasional Advisor

Re: RAID 0 on FC60

Actually you need hp10RAID

Please Note: RAID 0 provides better performance but without data protection. RAID 0 provides no data redundancy and should only be used for non-critical data. The loss of a single disk in a RAID 0 LUN causes the loss of all data in the LUN.

Are you using NT or HPUX?
David Navarro
Respected Contributor

Hi, With FC-60 you only can use RAID 0+1 or RAID 5, I don't know if in future FW versions you can do another kind of RAID.
If you want to do RAID 0, you can connect SC-10 directly to server and do lvcreate -I x -i n. I know that this isn't exactly RAID 0.
I assume that you know in RAID 0 you haven't redundancy.
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
You should be aware, that Raid 0 is not supported by HP. ( jsut a hint )
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"