8115 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RE : Msa 1000 problem

Vincent_5
Super Advisor

RE : Msa 1000 problem

Hi Guys,
I have a Rp3410 install with 11.11 os and in it there is a combo card which have a hba fibre channel and a 2GB gigabit ethernet port on the card. The part no. for the card is A9782A. I have connected the HBA fibre to a MSA1000 storage and the 2GB gigabit card to a cisco switch. Initially, I have problem to find the MSA1000 in hpux when I do a ioscan, the device was not visible. I manage to resolve this by enable hard addressing and now I can see the msa1000. I have created two raid 5 luns on the storage and is visible when i run ioscan -kfnC disk .

* The problem is when i try to use sam to create the lvm, it doesn't seems to see the msa1000 at all not even the luns. can anyone tell me if there is a patch require for sam to recognise the msa1000 so that I can configure the vg .

* As for the 2GB fibre attach to the cisco switch is config with an ip address and it always lost connection by itself and disable the crad by itself when I access sam to check. and after which it will start to crash .

Can someone help and advice???

Regards
Vincent
nothing is better than to know more
3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Re: RE : Msa 1000 problem

Hi Vincent

Please check following:

1. In ioscan do you see A9782A CLAIMED and driver is properly loaded?

2. Try to create one LV manually

3. Suggest to apply latest HP patch bundle on hp-ux11.11

Regards
Mahesh
Vincent_5
Super Advisor

Hi,
In ioscan I can see the card A9782A claimed and If I create the lun from the MSA command line it work. but after a while say like 25 mins or so it will crash. Please advice??

Regards
Vincent
nothing is better than to know more
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

do you get any error messages under hp-ux? Selective Storage Presentation is enabled or disabled? Which firmware is installed on the MSA1000 Controllers?

Regards
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick