New Discussion юеВ

Re: RX2600 & MSA1000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alessandro Pilati
Esteemed Contributor

RX2600 & MSA1000

Hi to all,
is someone experienced in an environment with a MSA1000 connected to a RX2600 linked in a way different from fibre channel?

Some documentations I found describe the fibre channel as the only way to connect rx2600 and MSA1000 and I hope it be not.

Thanks,
Alex
if you don't try, you'll never know if you are able to
6 REPLIES 6
Victor Fridyev
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

AFAIK, MSA1000 is FC device. You need to have a FC connector in your computer in order to see the storage 8(((

HTH
Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity - RTFM
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

the MSA1000 (modular smart array) is a SAN Device, so you have to use fibre channel to connect it. you can add another disk enclosure to the scsi connectors to increase capacity.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

A fiber cable not enough, I am afraid. As OpenVMS does not support FC_AL protocol, you also need a supported Fibre Channel fabric switch.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Ah, sorry, I have confused you with somebody else. My apologies.

This seems to apply to HP-UX where I think you can do a FC_AL connect with just a Fibre Channel adapter in the server and a cable.
generic_1
Respected Contributor

You can either do direct connect or through a switch.I think the enclosures hook to the controllers via scsi, but I think they only come with fiber on the controllers themselvs where you attack your system. Make sure you have at least two fiber cards in your system. One going to each controller. The only bad thing is you wont be able to share you MSA100 if you do this. And if you do switches you should have two of those too. Otherwise if you loose a switch you will loose access to your data. Hope this answers your question.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Jeff,
the MSA1000 does still only support single-path (1 controller + 1 Fiber Channel adapter) connect for HP-UX.