3722 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Raid 5 Logical Device Failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
CPT Jonathan Judy

Raid 5 Logical Device Failed

I have an HP Proliant DL360 G5. We have a 14 HD array enclosure attached to the Server. These hard drives are in a Raid 5 configuration with 2 of the HDs as a hot swap. Something happened to the server and we now have a Logical Device Failed error. We cannot see the drive in my computer (E:) and the array in the Array Configuration Utility. In Storage Management we can see the HDs, with no errors, and the logical device, that has a failed error. Is there a way to repair the logical device withou lossing the data stored on the HDs.
5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Raid 5 Logical Device Failed

Can you detail what you see in the ACU?
Do you see the controller to which the disk enclosure is attached?
The disks if you click "show physical view"?
CPT Jonathan Judy

When I look in the ACU, it lists one Array, the 2 HDs that are in Server Blade. I see these two HDs as well in the physical view. I do not see the 14 HD in the enclosure in the ACU. I only see them in the Storage Manager.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Do you see the controller to which the storage box is connected?
Can you reboot the server and see if the Smart Array message appears?
(The DL360 G5 does not have an external port, so you must have another Smart Array besides the integrated E200i)

If you do not see two smart arrays on ACU, then open the box and reseat the Smart Array. If you see the Smart Array but not the disks, check the cable to the storage enclosure.
CPT Jonathan Judy

No I can only see the controller for the E200i, which is internal to the server blade. I believe the adapter for my other HDs is an Adaptec 2130S and I do not see that in the ACU.
CPT Jonathan Judy

I dont believe the array for my Raid 5 will show up in the ACU. We have another server exactly the same as this one and the Raid 5 does not show up in the ACU. It shows up in the Adaptec Storage Manager. When I look in the Storge Manager for the failed Raid 5 I can see all the HDs, with no errors, but I am getting an error on the logical device. It says failed.