4632 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Red Hat AS3

Andrew_168
Regular Advisor

Red Hat AS3

Hi,
I am trying to install 2 x FCA2214 HBA's into a DL585 running RH AS3 with all updates, I have installed the failover driver and can see 3 SG devices which I take to be the EVA5000 and two MSA1500's, I have also installed SANsurfer, I can see the drives presented to the server within SANsurfer, but cannot get the operating system to see them. I was going to use Secure Path, but unfortunatly whan I called HP support they (incorrectly) told me this was not a supported solution, I am loathed to rebuild the entire system.
Andy
3 REPLIES 3
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

From the SAN Design guide - you can use FCA2214 to connect to MSA and EVA, but
1. if you want to use both FCA in redundant configuration, you have to use Platform kit v3.0C and Secure Path v3.0C; and remember that: "RedHat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server v3.0 Enterprise Kernel 2.4.21-4 (32-bit) Errata Kernel 2.4.21.ELsmp (NOTE: Support for Red Hat v3.0 U1 requires a new errata from Red Hat and a Secure Path patch which can be downloaded from the Secure Path web site.)", or
2. You can use separate FCA for EVA and MSA and have to zones (also separate) for these arrays.
regards,
Andrzej
Andrew_168
Regular Advisor

Yes you are quite correct, but HP's 'preferred' solution is to use Qlogic's failover solution, I found this hard to believe as I thought Secure path should offer the best solution, so now I am trying to get this working (qlogic), the streams in Spock suggest what I am trying to do is fully supported.
Andy

Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

Very interested. In Poland we are using Secure Path :)) HP also recommend SP...
Hmm, good luck with glogic :))
regards,
Andrzej