1748156 Members
3680 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Regarding Disk array

Hari Kumar
Trusted Contributor

Regarding Disk array

Hi all, i am new to Array management as we are about to add one more hp 7110 array box to the existing setup i would like to know 1) how can i manage the new array along with existing array since we are planed to use the same switches for new array?
2)do we require down time for the existing set up(Existing setup is a 24*7 workshop)
3)how can i discover the new array with the already installed CMD View SDM for managing previous attached array?
4)how can i create LUNs on the new array without tampering the existing array's data.

Note: old setup is 7410 & 7400 got connected to the 7100 array trough Brocade Switches and the New array 7110 we want to connect to New 7410 server using the same above said Brocade switch.
Information is Wealth ; Knowledge is Power
4 REPLIES 4
V.Manoharan
Valued Contributor

Re: Regarding Disk array

Hi Hari kumar
1. For managing the VA7110 array no need to have additional utilities. Command View SDM will take care of Managing with array ID . Only you need to specify the Array ID.

2. You don't require Down time. You can connect the VA7110 online to existing SAN switch. If you are planning to change any zone configuration may be you schedule some down time.

3. armdiscouver -R
armdisplay -i ==> this will give you all the arrays connected with their array ID
armdisplay -a ==> this will give array details

4. armcfg can be used to create the array

Note: throug console create lun 0 for array to be viewable from HPUX. I am not sure for other OS.

regards
Mano
Hari Kumar
Trusted Contributor

Thanks....and i would like to know y the device files change in array when we try to zone.
Hari Kumar
Trusted Contributor

I appreciate your expertise input. As we scheduled activity next weekend.
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Assuming you do not change any of the switch ports being used for the existing VAs then non of the existing device files on HPUX will change. The device files are tied to the port numbers that used to connect the VAs to the brocades.

If the new va7100 is connected to an unsued port on the brocade and the brocade is zoned to allow the HBAs in the HPUX to see the new va7100 then brand new device files will be created after you do an ioscan and insf on the HPUX system.