108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remove EVA4400 disk group

SOLVED
Go to solution
JuanCG
Super Advisor

Remove EVA4400 disk group

hello, I have an EVA4400 with two Disk Group, I have to remove a Disk Group and not what is the procedure in this group have vdisk disk that blot, would this procedure?

1. Remove Vdisks
2. Ungroup the disk from the Disk group one by one, until there is none.

Does that Disk Group I disappear? Or I do something else? Is it safe?

Thank you very much
12 REPLIES 12
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Hummm, no, just delete all vdisks, then delete the disk group.

The only exception is the default disk group, you cannot delete that one.

If you want to remove the disks, click "remove" on each one before extracting it from the enclosure.
JuanCG
Super Advisor

vcespon hello, how do I know which is the Default Disk Group? I have two one of FATA disk group and another FC, the disk group names are changed and not as finding out what the Default Disk Group.

What I want is to remove the disk group of FC.

Thanks
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Use SSSU to run:

LS DISK_GROUP FULL

Then look at the property objectid of each disk group.

The one that starts by 0001 is the default disk group.
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

And here is the advisory about deleting the default disk group:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01007588
Mark...
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
Sorry, It is possible to delete the default disk group as long as ANOTHER disk group - at least ONE - remains.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
JuanCG
Super Advisor

Hi Mark, then why are you sure I can remove the Default Disk Group without problems? There is another Disk Group Near-line disk, I will remove the disk is online.

The proceeding with dispersing discs would go to the last and Disk Group will disappear when you delete the last record

Thanks
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
This has been correctly explained by one of the previous noters....
If you delete all the vdisks in a DG then you can delete the DG, even the Def DG. It makes no difference what type of disks are in the DG or what type of disks are in any other DG as long as there is at least one!
I have deleted the def DG MANY times across multiple versions of VCS/XCS, CV and EVA types.
Mark...
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
just read your last post again and I think I missed a bit if I understand the question correctly!
The DG does NOT "disappear" when you delete the last vdisk. You must manually delete it yourself once you have deleted the last vdisk.
Mark...
JuanCG
Super Advisor

I have seen information that indicates that if the Default Disk Group eliinas synchronization occurs for HSV and may lose access for a period of time the disks:

- I copy information

HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array - Deleting the Default Disk Group from Command View EVA
QUESTION:
Deletion of the HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) Default Disk Group controller causes a re-synchronization, Which can cause disruption to the host access EVA Storage. What if the Default Disk Group (DG) is already deleted? How does one know which DG is now the default disk group?
ANSWER:
Command View (CV) V 7.0 adds a warning to indicate that deletion of a disk group could cause a re-synchronization of the EVA. A request to have a better indication of which in HP EVA disk group is the default has been made. Consequently, the identification of the default DG will not be available until 6100 XCS code V and 7.0 V using Command View. Although, if the configuration has not been changed