New Discussion юеВ

Replacing one failed Disk on EVA5000

SOLVED
Go to solution
CIS_REUNION
Occasional Advisor

Replacing one failed Disk on EVA5000

Hello ,
Can anyone help me ,i have EVA5000 which one Hard disk has failed ,so the disk is replaced without removing the failed disk to the "ungrouped disk" folder on the command view eva panel ,so the result is the new disk is well seen by the EVA and was integrated on the concerned disk group and the rebuild process is succesed BUT always there is an entry on the tree of the concerned disk group of the old failed disk and we cant access it to move it form the system so what to do ????
Disk group has 28 disks
Disk failed was 59 number
New disk replaced was seen as 116
and now the disk group has 29 diks instead of 28 but the disk at 59th place at nay time we want to access it gives the following error message
"Unable to perform command please try again"
5 REPLIES 5
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Replacing one failed Disk on EVA5000

Looks like you might be facing the same problem as Paul Henderson's message (dated today) in this same forum. Try re-starting the SMA.
Craig Rants
Honored Contributor

Mark,
Hey Craig from Gates... Still up in Washington? Hope you are doing well anyway...

There are three R's with and EVA

Replace the disk
Reboot the SMA
Regroup the new EVA disk

GL,
Craig
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. " Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I've replaced a few disks on different EVA systems over the last 3 years and have *never* had to reboot any SMA just for this.
Ian Grobler
Frequent Advisor

I have seen exactly the same thing on a EVA3000 system. I have to reboot the SMA to get the failed disk 'removed' out of the system completely. Without the reboot the disk remains as a failed disk and cannot be removed via the gui, no matter what you try.
CIS_REUNION
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the people that helped me