Disk Enclosures
1748159 Members
3863 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Replacing the Array Accelerator on a 5300 Smart Array

Frank McQueen

Replacing the Array Accelerator on a 5300 Smart Array

We are getting 1798 - Drive Array - Drive Accelerator disabled POST messages.

After speaking to HP they have sent a new Cache module and Battery Pack and we are going to change this weekend.

They try to assure us that we will not have to rebuild the Arrays and OS and that the system will not lose its array config, but I just don't believe them.

The server was built with normal smart start nonsense, do I need to do anything else prior to changing the card?

Has anyone tried this?

Will I lose my array info?

Stay Tuned for the next enthralling Installment?
2 REPLIES 2
Dan Baxter
Frequent Advisor

Re: Replacing the Array Accelerator on a 5300 Smart Array

Given the fact that I have changed not just cache and battery modules, but whole array controllers without losing any array info, I'd say you are fine. The array configuration data is not held on the controller, but on the array itself. As long as you shut it down cleanly so that the cache has the opportunity to write any contents out to the array, you should have no worries.

Good luck

Dan
Those who are different, change the world. Those who are the same, keep it that way.
Phil Cassia_1

Re: Replacing the Array Accelerator on a 5300 Smart Array

having problems myself with 5300 array upgrading from 128 to 256 meg ram, but can confirm that all logical drive info is held on Hard disks. You should just be able to replace and it will reboot no problem

Phil