1748285 Members
4122 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Replication Error

Timo Steylen
Advisor

Replication Error

Does anybody know what this message means?
We are getting the message on two EVA 4400's.
It looks like nothings wrong, we are just getting the message 3 to 4 times a day. After the error (one milisecond later) there's a new message that everything works fine, is's very annoying!

Event description: 0x0C6A5F0C Severity: Critical -- failure or failure imminent. The Data Replication Path between this Storage System and the Peer Storage System has closed due to a peer discovery failure on the connection.

and the following up message:

Event description: 0x0C22000C Severity: Normal -- informational in nature. A Data Replication Path between this Storage System and the Peer Storage System has been opened.

many thanks
5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: Replication Error

Problems on the replication link. You should check the SAN ports where the EVA are connected and the ISL ports.

If using FCIP, the IP routers and the quality of the IP link.
Timo Steylen
Advisor

i have checked the switches but i don't see anything wrong, no errors. How do i check the ISL Link if the switches don't report errors? The only thing i can think of is to replace the ISL cables...

V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Check the port statistics.

Enc in errors
CRC errors
Enc out errors
Loss sync
Loss sig

Anote them and compare the values to the ones an hour later.

If one EVA cannot discover the other, there must be an interruption on the communication.

If a tunnel fails, the source EVA tries to open a tunnel to the other controller. If this fails repeatly for 40 seconds, the link is declared dead and not retried for 10 minutes.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

you can take a look at the port counters of the isl ports. If there are errors, try to change cable and/ or SFP.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
D.Glass
Advisor

I have been getting this error every 10 seconds for 5 days now from an EVA 5000 controller. I have checked all the switch ports, counters, fabric, everything. There are no problems. The destination port the source controller cannot find is logged into the fabric and healthy. How can I force the controller to open the path?