New Discussion юеВ

Re: Requirements for EVA management server on windows 2003

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

Requirements for EVA management server on windows 2003

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how to configure the EVA management server if the OS had been reloaded.

My windows administrator had re-loaded windows 2003 on this system and am not sure what other software are to be loaded.

I have command view EVA 3.3 for this system. Is there a checklist to configure the generic management server on windows 2003 for EVA? if so, I would like to read the same.

I am worried about the WBEM, is there anything specific to be loaded for enabling the Web based element manager.

I tried searching at HP site, but am not able to find any conclusive information. Hence I am relying on your experience to guide me.

As usual, you will be rewarded with points.

With regards,
Mohan.
Attitude, Not aptitude, determines your altitude
13 REPLIES 13
aliasgar
Valued Contributor

Hi Mohan,

U should have a restore cd ,which comes with the management appliance,was the management appliance was having sma 2.1 configured,ot it was just a standard dl-380 servers with windows 2003 configured.

Regards,
Aliasgar.
aliasgar
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

There is a manual with instructions on the CV-EVA V3.3 CD-ROM. I don't have it handy, but if I recall correctly, it's in a subdirectory.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

No, Alisgar,
this is about a non-SMA management server. There is not restore CD available for a stock server. You don't have the OSM framework on such a system.

The SMA has never been a 'standard' DL380 server. SMA I and II have been DL380, SMA III a DL360, but they had a different serial number range so that the restore CD does not work with a stock server. That is for warranty control. And the OS is a stripped-down Windows 2000 Advanced Server, not 2003.
aliasgar
Valued Contributor

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for the info.what about WBEM i also could not find any info on CV CD .is it a built in or will get installed once u install CV 3.3 .

Regards,
Aliasgar.
aliasgar
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Hello Aliasgar,
it is my understanding that you need to set up the server with SmartStart or put the Management Environment onto it before you install CV-EVA, but the second one I have never tried. Perhaps somebody else can add his/her experience.
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Uwe and Ali,

Thanks for your response. As UWE said, this is about non-SMA system. Since my windows admin saw that it come with windows 2000, he took it upon himself to load windows 2003 :-)

Now for the more specific problem, I have installed the command view. But when I try to connect to the EVA through SSSU, I get the below message

EMCLIENTAPI_PERMISSIONDENIED_ERROR : Invalid username or password

The username/password I use is administrator/administrator.

these are the steps I am doing,

1) invoke sssu
2) select manager username=administrator password=administrator
3) select system eva

after the third step I get the error indicated earlier.

The array is visible from Commandview but I need to use this sssu as well.

With regards,
Mohan.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Mohan,

which version of the management agents is installed? Beginning with V7.20 it uses the Windows Administrator's password.
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Uwe,

It is 7.20. I have tried the administrators password as well. It does not seem to work.

meanwhile I found that the windows 2003 standard edition is loaded. The pre-requisite says it has to be windows 2003 Enterprise edition SP1.

I guess, I will start all over again with the windows 2003 Enterprise Edition and check.

BTW, is there any steps to reset this password used in sssu, if it is different from administrator password?

I found the prerequisites in the CV-EVA 3.3 CD under the directory "documentation". The information is available in installation and configuration guide.

Meanwhile if there is any other information is available, I welcome them.

With regards,
Mohan.

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

You could try a fix that is described in the "HP StorageWorks Command View EVA V4 installation guide" on page 17:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=471497