Disk Enclosures
1748051 Members
4980 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Running Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU) over serial line?

Mika Per├дl├д

Running Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU) over serial line?

We have a Tru64 computer with an MSA1000 attached to it. There's some problems with it and HP has requested that we send in an ADU report for it.

The problem seems to be that there isn't a version of the ADU for Tru64, and we can't attach another computer (right now) to the MSA1000.

HP Support stated that it is possible to run the ADU over the serial line to the MSA1000. That is, we have a Windows 2003 server with ADU installed which we have connected to the MSA1000 with a serial cable. But I have failed to find any notes about how to achieve that.

Is this even possible? Or is there another recommended way to get the ADU report for a storage attached to a Tru64 machine?
3 REPLIES 3
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Re: Running Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU) over serial line?

Hi,
maybe this could help you:|
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01183955/c01183955.pdf
the pain is one part of the reality
Mika Per├дl├д

Thanks, but unfortunately the manual to the MSA1000 CLI did not contain the answer I was looking for.

Nevertheless I suspect it can't be done, so we're going to see if the output from 'SHOW TECH_SUPPORT' is enough.
Mika Per├дl├д

It is indeed not possible. The ADU does not check things over the serial line. Guess we got wrong information in the beginning.