6043 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SC10 bus controller failure

Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

SC10 bus controller failure

Hello,

We had an issue with a customer regarding an SC10. Basically they have two SC10s mirrored against each other. Once, one SC10 started beeping and it was reporting a failed bus controller. We removed the bus controller and reinstalled the same one and everything worked fine surprisingly! until a few days ago. It had been working without problems for like 1-2 months. It is exhibiting the same problem now.

Is there a known issue regarding this? Any other comments/help?

Thanks in advance,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
4 REPLIES 4

A similar issue on one of our FC10s turned out to be the backplane... Maybe you should have HP replace this as well.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor

I had the almost same experience like that before.

The configuration is as follows.
There're 4 SCSI HBAs in the system and 2 HBA are connected directly to each BCC of SC10#1 and the other 2 HBAs are to each BCC of SC10#2.
Both SC10s are configured for full bus operation.
Our plan was to have SC10s mirrored against each other but we encounted the almost same problem as you described.

We replaced BCCs in an attempt to isolate the problem but failed.
Later, we took a close look at SC10 manual and decided to have SC10s configured as split-bus configuration.
Since then, the problem was disappeared.

I hope this helps,
Never say "no" first.
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello, thanks for the replies, I will assign points later.

We went on site today and restarted the SC10 and worked fine again!! Now, we exchanged the "faulty" bus controller with one from the other SC10. If the same one fails, then it's the bus controller which is bad, if the other (i.e. the one in which the "faulty" SC10 was) fails, it means that the problem is more awry.

Any more comments and help are welcome. I promise I will assign points when the case is solved.

Thanks,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

The same BCC failed again, i.e. the one which we put at the top. We are going to replace it.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread. Case Closed.

Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!