1748213 Members
3168 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

SCSI Raid Controller - Intel SRCZCR set up on Winnt 4 Server

Caroline_7
Advisor

SCSI Raid Controller - Intel SRCZCR set up on Winnt 4 Server

Somebody please help! We have just got a new server with Intel Raid Controller, the problem is this server is going to replace my winnt 4.0 server (domain controller), so I'm doing it the long way of installing winnt server and then upgrade to win2k later since I don't have a migration tool to migrate user accounts from nt to 2000. So I have ordered this server without operating system and now trying to install winnt4, I booted the server and followed intel's instruction on intalling partition service and the raid controller drivers. Alas I could not create a raid because I only had one disk, so I ordered another disk, installed it and raid controller driver, started OS installation, finished but the server just reboots time and time again without booting into the os. It boots, does pot and gets to the point where you can press space-bar for original configuration boot etc, gets to a blue screen that list the windows version and build then another blue screen appears which is very fast for me read and the reboots again.
One of the problems bugging me is this server has dual processor and from the first time it was turned on, after finding disk, mouse keyboard and cd-rom, an error appears "Error: 3131: Processor 02: Disabled" and then display
"Press F1 to resume, F2 to run setup" and wouldn't do anything until I pressed f1, so I think that this has something to do with the OS not booting. Am I wrong? Help Please!!