4541 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SSProxy Error/HP StorageWorks VSS service keeps failing MSA2000

jimbob
Occasional Contributor

SSProxy Error/HP StorageWorks VSS service keeps failing MSA2000

Hi Guys, 

my system, i have 2x HP Proliant 380 G7 running win server 2008 R2 hyper-v both connected with FC to HP MSA/P2000, currently connected using dual FC from each server into each controller.

my issue is HP StorageWorks VSS stops each day and i am getting CAPIVSSProvider errors (No RAID Controller found/Cannot find HBA or Network Controller) 

through my current research into this, Usually VSS is used for the backups/Snapshots. our backup provider has confirmed that with our solution we use MS VSS and we have installed a regedit to ensure backups are using the default provider (MS)

I have set the services to manual and at the moment it is not running nor causing any apparent issues.

Version are the same throught (2.7.0) as initaially one of the servers was slightly out of line.

my question is, does anyone know why? and what is the concequences of leaving this as stopped/uninstalling?

Thanks in advanced

James

2 REPLIES 2
jimbob
Occasional Contributor

Also, there are no errors showing on the SAN.

Thanks

James

SawyerSmart
Occasional Visitor

You can safely uninstall the VSS Provider from the control panel if you don't plan to use it to create hardware snapshots. If you uninstall it, you should also uninstall the CAPI Proxy unless you are using the VDS Provider.

If you want to be able to use the VSS Provider, you should upgrade to version 2.8.4.39.  Make sure you install the corresponding version 2.8.4.39 of the CAPI Proxy as well.