New Discussion юеВ

Seagate drive to HP Product Numbers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul Middleton
Frequent Advisor

Seagate drive to HP Product Numbers

Good Morning,
I have a quick question on the newer Seagate drives for Nikes. Is there a newer version of the Disk Service Manual or some other form of identifying the HP Product Numbers from the Seagate numbers.
My newest Disk Service Manual is March 2000 and I'm trying to verify which HP Product numbers correspond to the Seagate numbers showing on IOSCAN.
Part Surfer is woefully inadequate, it only shows 2.0 & 4.2 Gb drives for Nike 20's, and HP-SPI Where It's Used option isn't really helping.
Some of the Seagate Numbers like ST118203WC show as A3710A or A4909A or A5239A., HP-SPI just says they're for HP Array's, but nothing beyond that.
Any help finding cross references or a newer Disk Service Manual would be greatly appreciated. I do aware points most generously.
Regards,
Paul Middleton
Dilligad - Do I Look Like I Give A Damn
5 REPLIES 5
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Seagate drive to HP Product Numbers

Paul,
I'm in doubt that 'non-HP seagate' disks will work in Nikes. I heard somewhere that for Nike array to work with disk it should have HP firmware.
Disks are
A5169A: 4GB
A5132A: 9GB
A5133A: 18GB
and some more
A5169A,A3396A,A3666A: add-on 4GB
A3541A,A5132A: add-on 9GB
A5133A: add-on 18GB
Eugeny
Paul Middleton
Frequent Advisor

You're right, Eugeny. Non-HP drives will need HP firmware to work in the Nikes.
I guess I wasn't clear enough. It's not that I'm trying to use non-HP drives, it's that the IOSCAN comes back with the Seagate model numbers, and it's always been hard to cross reference the part numbers. .
HP has never been able to keep Parts Surfer or, for that matter, HP-SPI up to date with parts and cross referencing .
I appreciate the info, but I'm going to keep the string open for a while longer.
Maybe someone knows of an updated Disk Service Manual with newer Seagate numbers in it.
Thanks,
Paul Middleton
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Paul Middleton
Frequent Advisor

Looks like this is a bust, I'll try on the "Disk" group and change the wording somewhat.
Thanks for all your help Eugeny.
Paul Middleton
Steven  Bucek
Frequent Advisor

What is a Disk Service Manual and where do I get one?
--To go forward, you must backup