Disk Enclosures
1753928 Members
8662 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Secure Path 4.0C WE Notification Utility

Michael Weise_1

Secure Path 4.0C WE Notification Utility

I have a full redundant Cluster environment with MSA1000, two FC-Switch 8EL, two-Node-Cluster W2003 and an third Server W2K connected to MSA1000. All servers are running Secure Path 4.0C WE.

I've configured one of the cluster nodes (W2003) as Element Manager, the other servers are redundant Element Managers. The Element Manager has to send an email in the event of a failure via Notification Utility.

NU doesn't send any email, no error messages. The only hint I can find is an application event (Type Information):

Source : Application Error
Category: (100)
Event ID: 1004

Description:
Reporting queued error: faulting application AppCfgCpqNotify.exe, version 1.1.0.23, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, fault address 0x0000694e.

Any Idea?

Michael
5 REPLIES 5
Randy Weis
Frequent Advisor

What version of Smart Start/Insight Management Agents do you have installed? CpqNotify is the Notification service.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. Oscar Wilde.
Michael Weise_1

SmartStart 7.0 (not 7.01, but I think there are no changes in Insight Agents).

I think the ...notify.exe comes with the SecurePath CD. I have Version 4.0C, no additional patches.

regards

Michael
Randy Weis
Frequent Advisor

That's right, AppCfgCpqNotify.exe is the SP Notification.

I do not have a WE installation, only for EVA. I did check the NU settings for my version. I think the only difference between them is that SPM specifies a remote Notification Utility Element Manager. Other configuration fields include administrator email address, and SMTP Mail Server address. Double check your settings.

Here are some questions I would pursue:
Does the Notification Utility that is part of the Insight Management Agent work? Have you tested an SMTP notification before, with any server or any software?
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. Oscar Wilde.
Michael Weise_1

SMTP from the Server is running (telnet IP-addr 25). Insight NU is not configured.

I have no access to the system at this time. I'll try it as soon as possible.

thanks

Michael
Wayne Gregory_1
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem as this and this is the only thread I can find close. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Many thanks