1752808 Members
6551 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Serial numbers EVA3000 disk's

Aalbrecht Jobsen
Occasional Advisor

Serial numbers EVA3000 disk's

For a new support contract we have to supply the serialnumbers from the disk fitted in our EVA3000 system. Where can a find these numbers with Command view EVA or any other tool?
EVA is up and running so I cannot pull the disk's out one by one from the diskcabinets.
Please help, supportcontract is outdate by the and of the year.
Thanks,

Aalbrecht Jobsen Hogeschool Zeeland Flussing Holland
3 REPLIES 3
Pshedges
Trusted Contributor

Not sure why you would require a serial number for each disk, the EVA Enclosure maybe... anyway... CV does not give you the serial number and I cannot find this via the SSSU.

The only other option may have been Navigator but this is an HP internal tool.

So I can only think that you would have to pull each disk - another reason why it seems strange that anyone would want the serial number of each disk.

Pshedges
Trusted Contributor

Not sure why you would require a serial number for each disk, the EVA Enclosure maybe... anyway... CV does not give you the serial number and I cannot find this via the SSSU.

The only other option may have been Navigator but this is an HP internal tool.

So I can only think that you would have to pull each disk this means either ungrouping the disk and then removing from the EVA to get the serial number from it or taking a risk and pulling the disk getting the serial number and pushing the disk back in (bearing in mind that there is a default 1 minute drive replacement delay (which can be changed) which is somewhat risky
- another reason why it seems strange that anyone would want the serial number of each disk.
Aalbrecht Jobsen
Occasional Advisor

Some disk are out warranty and some disk are bought last year. For a cheap support quote we have to supply the serial numbers from the new disk's.