1748080 Members
5223 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server do not find the EVA Vdisk

Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

Server do not find the EVA Vdisk

I connect two of its hostports (one form each controller) to a sanswitch.
I am able to connect to the array and configure it through commandView EVA.
I created some virtual disks and presented them to my servers.However none of my server find the Vdisks. I have two HP-UX boxes and a windows box.Also my management server that commandview is installed on it can connect to EVA and configure it, but it cannot find the vdisks that are created and presented for this server on EVA.What should I do. Please Advice.
6 REPLIES 6
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Hi Hasan,

Check if your zoning on your switches is OK
Double check also the WWN of your fabric cards in the servers
Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

I have just one zone in my switch.
As I told you later I cannot dinf the VDISK on none of the servers.Also my commandview server cannot find them too.so, If something wrong with HBA or switch how is it configure the EVA ?! command view can connect to EVA but its server cannot see the Vdisks!!
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Hasan:

Though I do not believe having only one zone will cause the servers NOT to see any storage, you should separate out your HP-UX box's from your Windows box. Actually, you should have a separate zone fore each server you connect.

With that said, have you double checked your host configurations in Command View? Does each host have the right WWID associated with it?

On the windows box, can you see the EVA Controllers in Device Manager?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Hasan,

The easiest way to find the WWN of your HBA is by a telnet session to the sanswitch

the command switchshow give a WWN from the host adapter connected to a port
Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

Thank you,
I powered of the HP-UX boxes. Now, I have just a windows server and EVA3000 in my SAN. My commandview is on this server. I can use commandview for configuring EVA without any problem. I deleted all the hosts in EVA, and add just my windows server. It detects HBA's WWN automatically (because just this server is power on in SAN) I changed Vdisks configuration and present them to this host (commandview host). I saved everything and come back to windows. It cannot detect the vdisks! I rebooted the server but nothing was changed. I can connect to EVA on this server with commandview but does not able to detect the Vdisks! Why? please advice
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I would try obtaining and installing the latest HBA drivers for your operating system version.

Also, if you have more than one hba, install MPIO.

Ensure that you selected the correct operating system when the host was added.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?