Disk Enclosures
1753512 Members
5128 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Should this be considered as a bad day...???

Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Should this be considered as a bad day...???

Hello,

I don't know who to blame. But last time we tried to add additional disks to our AutoRAID 12H, we saw the new FANs, required for new the 10K rpm 18 GB Disks, would not fit into the same slots as the old fan!!

==============================================
Dimensions of New Fans (full height)
6 x 23 x 12 cm ( h x l x w )
Part Number : C5445-60057
Part Number (on Box) : A3709-6002

Dimension of existing Fans (half height)
4 x 23 x 12 cm ( h x l x w )
==============================================

Why did this happen to me?

Anyone having an idea on how to prevent such thing to happen in the future?

Guidelines from experts would be most welcomed, to help me do my job more efficiently...

Cheers
Yogeeraj
;(
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
4 REPLIES 4
Craig Rants
Honored Contributor

I've got new fans on all my new 10k RPM disks. So I know that they are good fans out there for you. Did you order the parts, or did your HP CE bring them out? I think that in the future you probably want to work with HP on these types of things, usually the HP CE is the best informed source since they work with these hardware issues everyday.

GL,
C
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. " Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

HP part numbering is always a mystery - they have at least three different numbers for every part. If you're going to try to find your own parts on the used market, it's very easy to end up with the wrong thing. If you can, involve your CE.

Pete

Pete
David Burgess
Esteemed Contributor

I think that's what they call a learning curve! However if it was me I'd be having words with my supplier.
Also i'd try and see if the parts look like they'll fit before I arranged the downtime.

I've had problems with suppliers in the past. They only do it once ;-)

Cheers,

Dave.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,
thanks for the responses...

when it is the HP VAR that does the order for you then ...

anyway. i am pessimist...it won't happen again.

cheers
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)