108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Show unallocated space on MSA1000?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sarah Nordstrom
Frequent Advisor

Show unallocated space on MSA1000?

How do I show how much space is unallocated on an MSA1000, from the serial CLI? 'show disks' shows the installed physical disks, and 'show units' shows the configured units, but I can't seem to find a way to show how much space is left (short of calculating it by hand). Any help much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
the CLI seem not having such a command and therefore there is another option accessible also on Linux platform... ACU (Array command utility) GUI
the pain is one part of the reality
skris
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi Sarah,
Did verify the complete commandset. Seems like there isn't an option available. ACU is the only way to go.
Sarah Nordstrom
Frequent Advisor

OK, thanks. Any suggestions on what might make the MSA not show up in hpacucli then? I have >10 machines connected to 2 MSAs (one on active/passive firmware, one active/active), and none are able to see the MSA controller in 'ctrl all show status'.
John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

Sarah,

The next release of MSA FW, 5.30/7.10, includes a command that will show free space on an Array Group.

It should be available soon.

jk

Linus Nordin

Still can't find the 5.30 firmware available for download anywhere, when is it supposed to be released?