New Discussion юеВ

Re: Slow writing speed to Toshiba N300 HDD

SOLVED
Go to solution
yurybx
Occasional Contributor

Slow writing speed to Toshiba N300 HDD

Hello!
Please help me understand the strange behavior of the hard disk when working through the H240 controller. I have two SATA 4TB hard drives: HGST HUS726T4TALE6L4 and Toshiba HDWQ140UZSVA. Both are connected to the H240 controller and configured as RAID 0 volumes, consisting of one disk. The first one always works at maximum speed (about 200 MB / s). The second reads at maximum speed, but writes at about 75 MB / s. At the same time, if you connect it directly to the motherboard, then it writes at its normal speed of about 200 MB / s. Why it happens? Is this some kind of controller incompatibility with the HGST drive?
I have swapped the SATA connectors, but the speed of the HGST drive is still slow. I've deleted volumes and recreated them to no avail. Please, help!

My controller's firmware version is 7.00 and driver version is 8.0.4.0. Current Power Mode is "Max Performance", controller temperature is 86┬░C.

2 REPLIES 2
yurybx
Occasional Contributor
Solution

I ran some more tests, and it turned out that the problem is not in the hard disk, and not in the controller. The problem is in bugged Windows 10, which in some situations cuts the speed when copying. I have installed Hyper-V 2012 R2 on a test machine and all my disks in the controller are writing at maximum speed. The question is closed.

Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Hi @yurybx ,

Glad that you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for sharing the solution.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png