Disk Enclosures
1748182 Members
3496 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Smart 2P Array issues on Proliant 5000

Rick Sitte

Smart 2P Array issues on Proliant 5000

I have no documents to assist in trying to troubleshhot this array. System was just configured and data transferred. Had drive indicate bad shortly thereafter. have obtained replacement but before inserting RAID started flashing all LED's and all Drives in sequence. Without docs I don't kbnow where to begin to troubleshoot and HOPEFULLY rebuild this volume. Advice welcome. Documents desired.
3 REPLIES 3
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

Re: Smart 2P Array issues on Proliant 5000

If you go in to the Array Configuration Utility - either through the OS or from a CD - it will flash all LEDs.

If you aren't in the ACU and it is doing this - I'd run... :)

I can't think of what else would cause this behavior. I know a hot spare will flash as it rebuilds - but that'd be only on one drive.
Rick Sitte

Is the rebuild of a drive in the array started automatically upon hot swap of the drive or in this case is it a manual process started in the utils? Again, some doc would be amazing but I can't seem to locate them by searching the site.

Rick,

Here's a document that contains some info about changing hot swappable drives. If only one drive has failed, then the array will rebuild the new drive with data from the other drives. Hope this helps.
http://h200002.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_219470-001_ch2/TPM_219470-001_ch2.pdf

Ben