108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Smart Array E 200i

SOLVED
Go to solution
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

Smart Array E 200i

We have ML350 G5 SERVER. It have 146gb hdd 3nos. i had installed windows 2008 64 bit o.s. it is working fine . but i made a big mistake. because i couldn't create Raid5 . i had created tow partition . like C drive 50gb Remaining D drive Like 224gb. Data size like 180 gb. now How can i create a Raid5 without losing my data

It has Smart array E200I is it have automatic raid ?

suppose How can i verify is have automatic raid ?

6 REPLIES 6
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Smart Array E 200i

Hi,

When a server first boots, the firmware on the SmartArray will look at how many drives are in the machine, and choose an appropriate RAID setting to configure for you.

As you have 3 drives, it will probably have configured them for RAID-5.

As the server boots, watch for the SmartArray BIOS prompt and press the relevant function key to check (F8 I think)

Cheers,

Rob
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

What is the use of Battery backed cache upgrade enables BBWC ?

Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

In the event of a power loss, data in cache waiting to be written to the disks would be lost if it wasn't protected by a battery. Therefore the write cache is disabled on SmartArray controllers if a the BBWC module isn't installed.

Put another way, you get much better performance with the BBWC module.

Cheers,

Rob
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

Respect sir,

Thanks for relay my mail.

Basically we had configured radi5 through BIOS
Smart Array E200i. but we couldn't install ACU & Smart Start cd. Can i install Now ? we have all the drive data. how can i make it ACU software without losing my data ?

pls help me sir.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Yes you should be able to install things now without any problems.

Probably best to grab the PSP (ProLiant Support Pack) for your sever/OS and install that to make sure all the correct drives/utilities are loaded.

Cheers,

Rob
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

thanks sir .
i had read some technical tips they are told to me. you should make it data backup after that reinstall O.S and install smart start cd .
what is your opinion sir ?