5960 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Smart Array E200 on ProLiant DL160 G5

PilotFishBob
Occasional Visitor

Smart Array E200 on ProLiant DL160 G5

Hello.  

My system is set up RAID 5 with 4 drives (250GB GB0250C8045).   One died and I replaced it  with a new identical unit - it began rebuilding, but it never completed and HP System Mgt. shows "Ready for recovery".   I've been through several rebuild attempts and each ends the same way.  I've tried updating the firmware on the controller and the drives so everything is as up-to-date as it gets but no joy.   Any suggestions?   

Thanks

Bob 

7 REPLIES 7
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Smart Array E200 on ProLiant DL160 G5

Hi, what does ACU or ADU say?
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Please attach an ACU report from the server. A second drive has most probably bad sectors and the rebuild cannot finish.

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
PilotFishBob
Occasional Visitor

Hello PGTRI, and thanks for the tip - I ran the ACU report and I already see a problem:

0 Rebuild Aborted From Read Error Critical

Drive 0 is the new drive queued to rebuild, but based on this there may be a problem elsewhere.   I'm scanning the rest and I see some errors logged on all drives, but haven't yet located the one that may have caused the abort.   If you have any additional input I'd appreciate it.   Looks like I may have a full rebuild in my future...

Bob

PilotFishBob
Occasional Visitor

Whoops - missed attaching the report on the previous reply.  Thanks.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hard Read Errors on 1:1 (only since factory) and 1:2 (since reset also).
PilotFishBob
Occasional Visitor

Thanks  Johan.  Makes sense - Looks like a ground-up rebuild may be coming.  Thi is my first HP smart array controller - I've worked with others but always had more user input on diagnostics and configuration.  This one takes a bit of getting used to..

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Looks like that, there might be something you could do though to try to get the array up, maybe somebody else here have some advice.