4878 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Soft Error on HP EVA6000

SOLVED
Go to solution

Soft Error on HP EVA6000

Hi Team,

I'm having these errors on the HP EVA6000, I'd like to know is the soft diagnostic error on the controller A is link to the license problem.
Please advice. Files attached.
Thanks and Regards,
10 REPLIES 10
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Soft Diagnostic issue and license issue are different.

1. Try reboot the controller A, most of the times it will solve the issue.

Regarding Capacity exceeded issue - It seems to be you have the total RAW capacity more than the license applied in the system.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Yeup, a lot of times this is solved with a reboot (in case it was a memory termination or something like that).

You can also get this by booting up the EVA with only one power supply cabled/operating.

Hi,

I'll just try to reboot and let you know. Also Should I reboot the Controller A without stooping IO activities on the EVA?

Awaiting your advice.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

If your hosts have multipathing configured (they can see controller A and B) then yes, you should not have to stop i/o. The hosts should automagically change path to controller B.

You probably want to do this at a quieter time rather than when the system is at high load.

Hi,

Regarding the license issue. What license should to order to solve the problem, Continous Access or EVA Unlimited LTU. I'd like to have some advices.

Thanks.
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

CV General License will be suffecient. As you have already some capacity TB of License, best method is that you can opt for "Upgrade to unlimited License".

But you also need to consider, how much capacity you have and how much your license capacity. If it is <1TB, you can go for CV 1TB Lic also.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

I believe I read somewhere that if you go over 4TB it doesn't make sense to buy extra per TB license anymore. But this all depends on price etc.

Dears,

Thanks for your assistance. As I said I will let you know the result after rebooting the controller A.

But Please can someone help me with Data Protector issue? If not then I should open a new threat for that.

Problem: We have a Data Protector Server connected to an HP MSL 6060 through a SAN. We are unable to do the Backup.We have troubleshooted the Library with HP LT & T and there is no fault detected. The two drives are working properly. The server also can detect the MSL 6060 properly. But when we start a backup, the Data protector provide an error stating: Unable to find the Device although the Devices are present on the "Supports and Devices" panel.

Please advice if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Pierre.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

You should probably open a new thread in the Data Protector forum about that (as it appears to be software related if LTT does not give any errors). If you want, you can post the link to the thread in here.