New Discussion юеВ

Re: Space under rootdg

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mutum
Frequent Advisor

Space under rootdg

I need urgent help....
Under veritas Volume manager I have to two disk groups, rootdg, proddata, roodge containing one volume which is no more in use now, there is some space there I want to utlize this space to be use for onther volume under proddat disk group.
If I delete the volume that under rootdg is there any impcat on my system, keep in mind that one the disk under rootdg is under veritas volume manager control.

Apprecait any advice.
Regards
BAGI
5 REPLIES 5
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Mutum,

You can not move disk space from your rootdg to an other diskgroup/volumegroup without moving a complete disk.

Buy a new disk(s) and add it to the proddata diskgroup.

Best regards,
Robert-Jan
Mutum
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Rebort for this advice,

I have added three disks to my VA7100 array, which is shared for my clsustered servers, but I'm not able to veiw those new added disk on my server neither through veritas VEA nor on the OS level, I have posted this before but I couldn't find any help.
My production space is getting about 95%...
I need any help
BAGI
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor

ahh!! Could you give a bit more info. shared VA7100? What kind of software are you using to manage the VA7100? Are you using switches? lun masking or zoning? Did you present your new luns to the WWN's of your server?
Mutum
Frequent Advisor

V7110 is connected through switch, I am using command view SDM, I have added the disks to the array, but other steps I'm not sure how to perform..
Pls advice.
BAGI
Mutum
Frequent Advisor

I have create Lun on the VA, and issued insf -e, Ioscan -funC disk, through VEA i found the disks and add them to the disk group and extended my production space.

Thanks for contributions
BAGI