5522 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Status connection on XP1024.

SOLVED
Go to solution

Status connection on XP1024.

Hello Managers,
Could someone share some information concerning the location of where I can get the connections, hosts and devices connected to the xp1024.

5 REPLIES 5
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Re: Status connection on XP1024.

Command View has this information.

Is there something specific you are looking for?

Regards,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.

Yes, where in command view is that available. I'm looking for the number of nodes using the storage array and the devices connected to each one.

David
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

OK...

The older versions of Command View (prior to 2.1, if I recall) have reports on the Status tab... there should be a whole bunch of buttons at the top of the pane, each one a different report. They are basically the same info sorted in various ways.

Note that the XP will not show how many HOSTS are attached - it goes by HBAs. Many hosts have more than 2 HBAs.

However, if you have named the Host Groups well, and nicknamed the WWNs of the HBAs, it will be much easier to correlate. If not, you will need a list of HBAs/WWNs that each host has installed.

You can also use the Comamnd View CLI. Install the CLI on a machine somewhere (it can be unix or windows), and you can pull every drip of info out of CV, then format it yourself, even with Excel.

For example, you can do a "list lun -l -csv", and it will give you this information:

PortName,HostGroupNickname,LunID,CU,Ldev,TotalPaths,Emulation,DeviceType,Capacity(MB)
CL1-A,crmoltp1,0,1,0,2,OPEN-V,LUN,27787

(I cut the heading and first line from my output, and pasted it here - the original report was 6800 lines!)

From the "list lun" report, you should be able to correlate the info you need. Sorry it isn't easier.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Vince
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor
Solution

Oh - let me know if you can't get it to work. I might be able to help by looking into our database here at HP.

My email address is my firstname.lastname@hp.com

[I never actually post my email addr because the spammers look for that kind of stuff on sites like this!]

Regards,

Vince

Vincent,
I will contact you directly via email. Since this version of CV is 2.1
It does not show the tab option you mentioned. I remember from the older versions we were able to see the tab but not in this version.

David