108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storageworks 2200

SOLVED
Go to solution
jetarcza
Occasional Advisor

Storageworks 2200

I cant seem to find any docs or software on this model. Can some one point me in the right direction

Joe
19 REPLIES 19
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Joe:

The only device that I know of that has "2200" in the model is the M2200 HSG80 Controller Shelf. There might be other model units that have utilized the number, but my only experience is with the M2200.

Storage systems that utilized the M2200 include the MA8000 and the EMA12000 an the ESA16000(i think).

You can start here...
" http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00312406/c00312406.pdf "

This doc was found here...
" http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodClassId=-1&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=179111&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=339802#5 "

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
jetarcza
Occasional Advisor

That would be the enclosure I am looking for but the links you provided only led me to the hsg80 manual, which I have. I was more interested in the manual for the enclosure itself.

Joe
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

I do not think there is a manual since... you can't use the shelf for anything else. It only holds the HSG80's, Cache batteries and modules and interconnects your storage shelves. Without any one of these components, the shelf is just a doorstop.

I could be mistaken, but I do not think there is a specific "doc" for theshelf. And if there is, it's probably just some specs and "care in handling" info.

Are you looking for some specific information? or just to say "I have a manual"?

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Model 2100 and 2200 Ultra SCSI Controller Enclosures - User Guide
EK-SE2C8-UA.C01

Could not find it on HP's web either, perhaps if you ask them...
jetarcza
Occasional Advisor

When I pluged it in there are a series of lights on the front of the unit. I am not really familiar with this unit or fibre technology. I am learning as I go along. There are to yellow(amber) light on, I guess what you called, cache battery moduals in the front of the unit. What does that mean?

Thanks

Joe
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Joe:

Across the fron the the 2200 are..

AB-AB-F1-F2-F3-BB-BB

"A" being Side "A"
"B" being Battery
"F" being FAN

At any given poiont in time, you will only have 1 battery per side, unless you are performing a battery swap using the field replacement utility (FRUTIL) on the hsg80 controller.

If you are seeing amber lighs above/below a battery slot, I believe it means that the battery is charging up and the amber should go green once finished. If it does not go green, then you may need to replace the battery.

At the far right side there is an EMU with 3 lihts on it (as far as I can remember). Power, health and .

Hope this helps... still looking for a doc. If you have the platform kit, look at the cd, there might be a pdf for the unit.

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
jetarcza
Occasional Advisor

the amber lights are on the AB BB moduals. I have had the unit pluged in and running for 3 days and the lights are still amber. Also the EMU as you call it has a 2 digit display. If I hit one of the 2 buttons on the EMU the display shows a couple of different characters. Any idea what they mean?

And after a more carefull look at the docs I did get with it, the manual I have is for a " ACS ver 8.6 Guide ". I am assuming that is the array controller software for the HSG80 that is on the flash cards in the unit. Is that correct?

Joe

Joe
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Jue:

"I am assuming that is the array controller software for the HSG80 that is on the flash cards in the unit. Is that correct?" - Yes. ACS is up to 8.8 now.

If the amber lights are still amber, you probably need new batteries. I am almost sure that means that the batteries are less than 50% charged and by now... should be more than 50%. Has this uit\\nit been off for a long time?

As for the EMU... I am not sure what all the codes are, but am pretty sure they are listed in one of the docs. Try downloading the platform kit iso image to get the rest of the docs in electronic format. One of the docs pertains to the M2200.

" http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/acs/platformsolutionkits/index.html "

The 8.7 kit should be fine as the hardware hasn't changes, only the ACS.

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
jetarcza
Occasional Advisor

I downloaded the 8.7 iso as you said and could not find any docs pertaining to the hardware. Only software. But i am assuming I need this software anyway.

As far as the unit, I dont have any idea how long it sat unpowered. It came as part of a lot with a rack full of other compaq items. All of which I am, one by one, trying to learn about and get up and running.

Do you think I need to get new batteries or will the unit function properly the way it is. I only ask because I dont know what the batteries are for, thats why I was looking for a manual

Joe