1752641 Members
5554 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Support for NT

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Support for NT

I installed a 221 array controller on a PL 800 6-200 server (NT4 sp5)following these steps:
1- Updated system rom
2- Installed ctrl board and configure it with ACU...so far so good, it is connected to an external drive array for space only, the boot drives are internal on the original PL800 SCSI controller.
3- Set boot order.
4- Reboot, finds controller, loads NT then stops in NT without ever giving me a ctrl-alt-del prompt. The activity leds on the server blink then stop at regular intervals but there is no disk activity.
5- If I remove the controller everythink is fine, so I tried to load NT drivers for the 221 array controller while its out but it tells me not necessary because not present...but then if I physically install the 221 ctrl NT loads but I cannot logon? Can someone tell me if I am missing anything?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Support for NT

currently, I am installing smart array 431 on windows 2000 server on proliant ml370. Can anyone help to find driver for win 2000 as i am installing using manual process. thank you.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Take a look at customer advisory EX990921_cw01 (on www.compaq.com/support/techpubs - search for the advisory number).
If the firmware on the array controller is not up to date, you can see this lockup. Check the firmware - if it's not at least 4.32 (you should see this during the boot sequence) - download SP12983.EXE (see www.compaq.com/support/files/server) and update the firmware on the array controller.

If you're doing a manual install - you'll still need the SSD (Supplemental Support Disks) - go to www.compaq.com/support/files/server - you'll see the SSD listed there - the array driver is part of that package.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi , I had a similar problem . First of install the AS 221 you should install the driver of the controller . You have to go to SCSI controllers in control panel and select add driver , search a cpqarray.inf in the DC of smart start and put it. After that put the AS 221 .

Good luck.Fernando.