Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SureStore E disk system SC10 RAID errors

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alan Casey
Trusted Contributor

SureStore E disk system SC10 RAID errors

Hi,

My disk array is offline and when I shutdown power off and restart I get the following errors in syslog:

Feb 4 11:12:37 warehouse1 syslog: IRMD[Severe]: Adapter 0/6/0/1 PDrv 0:8 at startup is in FAILED State
Feb 4 11:12:37 warehouse1 syslog: IRMD[Severe]: Adapter 0/6/0/1 PDrv 0:9 at startup is in FAILED State
Feb 4 06:12:38 warehouse1 krsd[1327]: Delay time is 300 seconds
Feb 4 11:12:51 warehouse1 syslog: IRMD[Severe]: Adapter 0/6/0/1 LDrv 0 state at startup is OFFLINE
Feb 4 11:12:51 warehouse1 syslog: IRMD[Info]: Adapter 0/6/0/1: Battery is fully charged. It is safe to set the cache policy to WRBACK if desired. In order to do that, please run irm. Select the RAID adapter at /dev/iop1 and change the cache policy of the desired logical drives to WRBACK.
Feb 4 11:15:34 warehouse1 su: + ta ts9ac1-root
Feb 4 11:16:36 warehouse1 syslog: IRMD[Info]: Adapter 0/6/0/1 is RESPONDING
Feb 4 11:16:38 warehouse1 syslog: IRMD[Severe]: Adapter 0/6/0/1 PDrv 0:8 at startup is in FAILED State
Feb 4 11:16:38 warehouse1 syslog: IRMD[Severe]: Adapter 0/6/0/1 PDrv 0:9 at startup is in FAILED State

Any ideas?

PS:I have opened a call to HP
7 REPLIES
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: SureStore E disk system SC10 RAID errors

Alan,

An SC10 is not a raid device, it's jbod (Just a Bunch Of Disks). Do you have some other device front ending the sc10, like an FC60?

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Alan Casey
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Harry,

There is nothing front ending it, it's a jbod managed by irm (internal RAID manager).

I have had an engineer out who has replaced it's controler and hopefull will fix it.

Thnaks,
Alan
abdulkarim
Occasional Visitor

I have the same problem.
Was replacing the controler solved your problem?

have had any data crashed becouse of this problem?

Thanks
fat
Victor_101
Regular Advisor

i have the same problem too.. in the IRM my drives were offline. i made them online by from the objects.. .... no availl... pls hellpppp!!!
Alan Casey
Trusted Contributor

Well I had this problem a long time ago, and I needed a HW engineer form HP to fix it.

I think u need to open a HW call
Victor_101
Regular Advisor
Solution

if anyone still has this problem i have a solution.
Rolandas Juodzbalis
Occasional Visitor

Victor,

I have same problem. Can you provide info how to fix it?