5273 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Temporarily Disabled Status for Accelerator of the controller

jan bouchal
Advisor

Temporarily Disabled Status for Accelerator of the controller

Hello,
i'm using MSA1000 with secure path and 2nodes MCSC cluster. The last weekend we did some disk array modification on the storageworks. We removed, created new physical, logical arrays. Recently I noticed degradation of accelerator of one MSA 1000 controller from System management homepage on the nodes . There is Status Temporarily Disabled, Error Code Expand in Progress. It's true the we did expansion on the storage last weekend too. However HP Array configurator doesn't show expanding activity for the storage.

The other controller is healthy.

How can I get rid of Temporarily Disabled Status for Accelerator of the Controller?
Thank u in advance.

Jan
5 REPLIES 5
Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor

Re: Temporarily Disabled Status for Accelerator of the controller

There could be several things...If you did a full restart (also the MSA) and there is still no difference, it is possible that either MSA firmware must be updated or that you actualy have some problems with accelerrator.. Do you also get battery warnings for it?

BR
B.
Nothing is impossible for those that don't have to do it themselves!
jan bouchal
Advisor

Thank you for your response. The battery is healthy also. As the storage and the nodes is our main production servers I need to prepare steps with minimal impact on the system (quick steps). What steps would you advise me to do firstly, in which order. Are u sure the restart helps. Thanks in advance

Jan
Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor

Jan, you could not be shure when we talk about modern technology :-) Seriously, Accelerator is disabled when you do expansion... if the expansion proces is finished ( it can take a lot of time when you have production running on the same disks and it also doesn't start until you have some trafic on those disks (I know it sounds stupid but...). As it looks it is possible that your expansion is not finished yet? A short restart could do the trick, but make shure you tried everything else before that...

BR B.
Nothing is impossible for those that don't have to do it themselves!
jan bouchal
Advisor

Ok. I tried many things without success. Restart servers and MSA1000 have helped. Thanks.
Robert Goulding

Hi,
I have an MSA20 with Accelerator temporarily disabled but with low battery power (wasn't doing any expanding). You asked the question was there a problem with the battery so I thought you may have an idea what my problem is...

Cheers,
Rob.