Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Disk Enclosures
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The choice obout HBA and Storage on HP-UX 10.20

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ryan Gu
Frequent Advisor

The choice obout HBA and Storage on HP-UX 10.20

Our machine is too old(K380), and it runs on HP-UX 10.20.

We found the space is not enough recently. So I want to add a storage to it. I searched the HP websit and found that A6685A can be supported by K3xx.

I just want to know what storage can be connected with A6685A on HP-UX 10.20. MSA1000? MSA1500? VA7xxx? or DS2405.

For some reason, we don't want to upgrade OS.
Ryan Gu
4 REPLIES
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

Re: The choice obout HBA and Storage on HP-UX 10.20

It's not a Model or Adaptor issue. Its more of a hp-ux version issue. I think only MSA1000 is supported as per below link.

http://www5.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000075483574

Regds
TT
Attitude (not aptitude) determines altitude.
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor
Solution

Jason,

I strongly doubt that the A6685A is supported with HP-UX 10.20. IF it was supported it would definitely mean upgrading to latest PDC firmware plus tons of patches. (this is also true with 11.00 for which the A6685A is supported).

I take it you want to keep changes to a minimum, so probably the best solution for adding storage on a K380 w/ 10.20 would be to aquire a used HASS (A3312A) which is connected via SCSI HBA.

Regards,
Bernhard

david lee_5
Occasional Visitor

Is this a direct connect or via a san ?
If SAN the you attach to the following
VA7100, XP1024/128 etc, EMC Clariion.

Get the latest HBA driver and associated patches etc

If fabric, then lock ports on the server side down to 1 GB , to reduce fabric login problems associated with speed negotiation.
Ryan Gu
Frequent Advisor

Do them work fine if I choose A6685A and VA7110? I want to add a HBA card and connect it to a storage directly.
Ryan Gu