Disk Enclosures
1752340 Members
6037 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

The error messages in the syslog.log....

swd
Occasional Contributor

The error messages in the syslog.log....

Nov 10 03:25:01 dbsvr syslog: ARM StringCatalog::GetStringPrivateBufN(1, 11): No
such string. ARM StringCatalog::GetStringPrivateBufN(1, 12): No such string. AR
M StringCatalog::GetStringCommonBuf(20, 70): No such string. ARM StringCatalog::
GetStringPrivateBufN(1, 12): No such string. ARM StringCatalog::GetStringCommonB
uf(10, 61): No such string. ARM StringCatalog::GetStringPrivateBufN(1, 12): No s
uch string. ARM StringCatalog::GetStringCommonBuf(10, 60): No such string.
Nov 10 03:25:58 dbsvr syslog: ARM StringCatalog::GetStringPrivateBufN(1, 11): No
M StringCatalog::GetStringCommonBuf(20, 71): No such string. ARM StringCatalog::
GetStringPrivateBufN(1, 12): No such string. ARM StringCatalog::GetStringCommonB
uf(10, 61): No such string. ARM StringCatalog::GetStringPrivateBufN(1, 12): No s
===============
Nov 10 05:27:41 dbsvr syslog: ARM StringCatalog::GetStringPrivateBufN(1, 11): No
M StringCatalog::GetStringCommonBuf(20, 70): No such string. ARM StringCatalog::
Nov 10 05:27:41 dbsvr syslog: ARM StringCatalog::GetStringPrivateBufN(1, 11): No
M StringCatalog::GetStringCommonBuf(20, 71): No such string. ARM StringCatalog::
uch string. ARM StringCatalog::GetStringCommonBuf(10, 60): No such string

-----------------------------------------------
-N4000 server
-HPUX 11.00
-AutoRAID disk array

After creating all the unallocated lun to new lun, the above error message appeared.
So I upgraded controller firmware version HP56->HP62 and installed patch PHCO_23262.
But the messages still appear in the syslog.log.

I need your help.

Thanks...
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: The error messages in the syslog.log....

This looks like software problem, so please make sure you have Diagnostics, GR and HWE patch bundles installed and they are latest (at least not too old) and have the same release date.
Anyway please check Autoraid's health looking at 'arraydsp -a' output and 'logprn' logs
Eugeny
swd
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eugeny.

Thanks for your advice.
I have another explanation about my problem.

The result of #arraydsp -a is READY.

Those error messages are the same #arraydsp -a AUTO, when the LANG parameter is set not C but Korean in HPUX.

In the past, when I wanted the status of AutoRaid by #arraydsp, I changed the LANG to C(#LANG=C), because the above error message were appeared. However, at that time there were no messages in the syslog.log.

But you know, after creating all the unallocated lun to new lun, the above error message appeared.

First time, I thought it was a problem of language setting so I changed the LANG parameter to C in the /.profile.
Now, #arraydsp -a AUTO is not show above error messages, but syslog.log is still.

Can it be the reson why I create all unallocated LUN?
Should be remain some unallocated in the AutoRaid?

Or is this a LANG parameter problem?

I need your advice.
Thanks...
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

My guess that you should receive event notifications in Korean in syslog instead of these buggy messages. So we should think WHAT could be displayed.
Please inspect 'arraydsp -a' if it displays any readable messages, check 'logprn' output to see if there're events logged in autoraid at the same time these messages in syslog logged. Check 'ioscan -fn' if all autoraid controllers and LUNs are DEVICE and CLAIMED. If you wish you can zip these outputs and attach to your next reply
Eugeny