1752414 Members
5731 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: The logical drive is queued for rebuilding

Andy_124
Occasional Contributor

The logical drive is queued for rebuilding

There was a two drive failure on a new server last week. We have got the machine running again but it was down to 2 out of the three drives on the raid 5 array which has the data on it. We have now replaced the last drive that failed.

In the ADU report under the SATA Array B it shows it as queued for rebuilding. Also it shows Rebuild Aborted From Read Error Critical. Failed During Previous Power Cycle Warning. Can anyone help with understanding what needs to be done with this?

I've attached the report for information.
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Andy

I see there is a HDD with read errors which is causing the rebuild to stop

from ADU
Drive Cage on Port 2I : Physical Drive 2I:1:4
Recovers Failed Read 0x0004

Array A
Physical Drive 2I:1:1 Informational
Physical Drive 2I:1:2 Informational

Array B
Physical Drive 1I:1:5 Informational
Physical Drive 2I:1:3 Informational
Physical Drive 2I:1:4 Informational

as you can see above there is a HDD 2I:1:4 array B which has those errors

so basically so have to replace that HDD and recreate RAID since RAID 5 only support one HDD failed

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

mmm something else

you can try you can try updating firmware 1.78 and reboot

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=1157688&swItem=MTX-c2d4c96fd13a459795738e0d2b&prodNameId=3182559&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=5

I've seen for some people has worked but I am not sure if this was the same error in ADU

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Andy_124
Occasional Contributor

Karlo

Thanks for the info. I'm ordering a replacement drive. There are two drives still functioning, so I'm guessing once the third one goes in they should rebuild it shouldn't they? Or do you think I'll still have to recreate the array and restore from backup?