SOLVED
Go to solution
Marta Gomez
Occasional Advisor

URGENT: VA7400 doesn't boot

When i try to init the VA7400 i get the following message:

38370HP14P1221010834: Initializing:
bAbtrm:ab.ffff. 10

and i get two led ambers of two differents disks on, and doesn't boot.
Can someone help me??
5 REPLIES 5
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: URGENT: VA7400 doesn't boot

Hello Marta,
did you do firmware upgrade recently?
This is abterm (abnormal termination) event, and your VA should be troubleshooted by HP. Try connecting to another controller. Check if it behaves the same way or not. Anyway this hex data should be decoded to understand root cause of your problem.
Eugeny
Marta Gomez
Occasional Advisor

I've found that the problem where both controllers. I've released the battery and returned to put it in place and it works.

Now I need to load disk configuration to NVRAM. Do you know how??
Roger_22
Trusted Contributor

This should be handled by trained hp personal. You are at great risk of losing data. It may be too late at this point.

I???ll assume you had data on this array before the abterm episode? You should never remove the batteries of the controllers without assistance from hp. This destroys the map information on that controller. If you reset the batteries on both controllers, you???ve destroyed the only two active copies of the maps.

If the array is now in a ???Ready??? state and your old LUNs/Data are not visible, then go for you backup tapes.

If the array is in the ???no map??? state and your resiliency setting was ???Normal??? mode, then there is a chance the vfp recovery command will re-create the destroyed maps. You???ll need to connect a terminal emulator to the RS-232 connection on the back of one of the controller to use the vfp.

I highly recommend you contact hp support.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Marta,
Roger did very good note about resilency setting. If VA has "High peromance" setting then maps will be flushed to the map disks only on correct shutdown, but if you have "Normal perfomance" setting maps are written to the map disks every 4 seconds. So you are to choose, but the best I believe is "Normal perfomance". In most cases when VA/host has perfomance problems these problems because of incorrect SAN setup or FC driver installation, but not because this setting.
Good luck!
Eugeny
Marta Gomez
Occasional Advisor

I've tried to made a recover, but unfortunately it failed at 14%.
Now i think i've lost all configuration information (the one of the disks too), so i think i can't recover my information.

Thanks