New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unpresent iscsi host access to vdisk

SOLVED
Go to solution
inex
Super Advisor

Unpresent iscsi host access to vdisk

Hi,

Is there anything special you must do to unpresent iscsi host access to luns on an EVA?

When I unpresent iscsi host access to a vdisk I get operation succeeded, but the host access is not removed.
When I go to the host in command view, it says that there are no vdisk presented. When I try to delete the vdisk, I get the following message
"All iSCSI presentations must be removed first"

-inex
13 REPLIES 13
marsh_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

is this still the case ? sometimes these things either need a bit of time or a little kick like refreshing cv or rescanning at the other end.

fwiw

inex
Super Advisor

The strange thing is that after 10 minutes the hosts were not in the vdisk presentation list. I tried to delete the vdisk, but could not do it. When I rebooted the Command view server, the servers were still in the presentation list.

-inex

marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

have you tried removing the relevant iscsi presentations in the mpx cli 'lunmask rm' ?

marsh_1
Honored Contributor

BTW if you are not familiar with the cli or gui on the mpx100 it is here :-

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01150267/c01150267.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

it sounds like cv is not communicating properly with the mpx, have you checked your firmware levels etc ?

hth

inex
Super Advisor

I'm not very familiar with iscsi so I'm not sure what you mean. Where do you run this command from?
I have enclosed two pics. One showing current presentation and another one showing a message I get when trying to delete the vdisk.

-inex
inex
Super Advisor

second one
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

that command is done on the eva iscsi option otherwise known as mpx100, it holds a database of the iscsi info, please have a read of the doc in my previous post, it will detail means of access and overview of gui and cli commands.

hth

inex
Super Advisor

We have command view 8.0.2 and code 6110 on an EVA4000.
Should it be possible to manage host / vdisk access through command view?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

For CV-EVA V8.0.2 the MPX100 firwmare need to be at v2.4.2.0.

In your second picture the error message sounds like you have two MPX, but one of them is not reachable.