1748195 Members
3616 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unpresenting EVA

Ray Lee_2
Regular Advisor

Unpresenting EVA

What are the steps to unpresent an EVA disk drives?

All data has been moved to new LUN and present.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Unpresenting EVA

Disk drives are not presented - virtual disks are.
Go into the same dialogue that you have used to start presenting, but use the [unpresent] button instead.
Mario_66
Valued Contributor

Hi,

if you know a name of the Vdisk you want to unpresent, go to Virtual Disk section in CommandView. Then find your Vdisk. Then go to Vdisk active member properties, click on tab Presentation, then click on button Unpresent, select your host/s and click on Unpresent host(s) button and voila, your Vdisk is not presented anymore.

I hope I did not missunderstand your question.

HTH,
Mario.
Ray Lee_2
Regular Advisor

Sorry, to early.

Is there anything I need to do on the HPUX side before I unpresent the VDISK?
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If these virtual disks have seperate VGs then export them before removing access. If these are part of VG having other disks as well then reduce the VG's from these disks.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Yes, if Secure Path is involved, it should be deleted there first -
see the "spmgr delete" command.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

If disk is part of a VG, then remove any lvols on it (pvmove) so it is completely free. Then remove the disk (PV - physical volume) out of the Volume Group (VG) - vgreduce. Completely remove it from LVM control via "pvremove".

Then and this is most important:

spmgr delete W-W-I-D

W-W-I-D you can get from "spmgr display"

If you are running VxVM. vxevac or vxedit to remove volumes (vol) or subdisks (sd) on the disk (dm). Then remove the disk from the diskgroup (dg) via "vxdg -g dgname rmdisk diskname". Once it is out of the diskgroup - completely remove it from VxVM control via:

/etc/vx/bin/vxdiskunsetup -i cXtYdZ

Then do the spmgr gyration.

Only after "spmgr delete" is run should your EVA admin completely de-present the EVA vdisks.

BTW, I attach a utility that I contributed earlier which helps managing and tracking EVA LUNS easier for both VxVM and LVM managed EVA LUNs. Hope you like it.

Hakuna Matata.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Oops .. forgot the attachment.

Hakuna Matata.